Job Description - IT Project Engineer
Project engineers at Thriveon are experienced IT professionals who like to take a concept, build it out, and witness the results of their work. They work collaboratively with the Thriveon vCIO to determine the scope of work, and then take responsibility for implementation of the project including customer communications, management of milestones and deadlines, and the actual onsite build. Our Project Engineers thrive on challenge and are stimulated by the opportunity to work with multiple types of technology.
The IT Project Engineer is primarily responsible for the design and implementation of projects, as well as an escalation point for the Network Administrators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, Office 365, SQL, SharePoint, Lync etc.
- Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Design and implement virtualized, hosted and cloud solutions built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Design and implement remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Documentation of project design and implementation
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering billable time and expenses as it occurs
- Understand and follow processes
- Work through a daily schedule
- Work through project tickets and phases as assigned by a Project Manager or Coordinator
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree or 4+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or Fortinet FCNSA or FCNSP, VMware VCP
- Obtain additional Professional IT Certifications
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Ability to make decisions in matters of significance